1/32 Bf109E-7 Hasegawa

Hasegawa's Bf109 E is an old kit that dates from the 70's.

Its still on release which given the new kits on the market from Eduard is a surprising fact. However Hasegawa are well known for keeping old tool kits in production.  I built an older boxing and found the kit ok.. There used to be a lot of aftermarket parts around for this kit but over time they have fallen out of production as the newer kits have entered the market.

I went with a JG27 Scheme for the classic Tropical 109 look...

Here are some pictures of the model...






I enjoyed the build its not taxing in any way the kit features raised panel lines which I don't mind. I painted the model in Gunze Lacquers and I used an old graphics airbrush from Holbien to do the green mottle. I quite like the finished model even though its a bit clunky in terms of detail and not as refined as a modern tool kit.  I have a similar vintage Matchbox Bf109E in the Stash and I'll think I'll build that out of the box to compare to its stable mate here. 

Thanks for looking...

Comments