Hasegawa 1/32 Spitfire VI

The Spitfire VI was a relatively short lived version of the Spitfire intended for High Altitude interception. it featured a pressurised cockpit and Extended Span Wings to help in the thin air where it would be operating..

Hasegawa being typically pragmatic built the VI kit around the existing Vb kit first released in the 70's I think the High Altitude Spitfires are generally unloved as the wing shape allegedly ruins the Spitfires fine looks and they were a bit of a quirk operationally.  The Hasegawa kit is a product of it's era and has raised panel lines and at times clunky detail.. It's consigned to the back bench while people build the Tamiya 1/32 Spitfires or the Revell Kits.

However for me this was my first 1/32 build since I was 8 and my dad helped me build the Revell Harrier. So a gentle easing into 1/32 was required and this is what this kit gives..

Here is the completed model..



I painted the model using the Tamiya RAF colours it introduced at the same time as the 1/32 spitfires were released. I also painted the roundels and tail fin flash adding the Codes from the kit decals.






I shaded some panels and used a thin red brown black mix on some of the panel lines. The model is built entirely from the box.

As Spitfires go I quite like it.. I have the Revell Mk1a in the Stash that I intend to build as a Va once I find time and get the resin bits form Barracuda to do it..


Thanks for looking..





Comments