Bandai Y-Wing 1/72

I have grown up with Star Wars and Models...  For a lot of modellers Star Wars models until relatively recently were to be honest pretty rubbish..

Fine Molds changed that with a range of excellent kits which while good were pricy and a bit hard to get... Then following Disney's buy out of the franchise along came Bandai and now we have a superlative range of Kits in a variety of scales....

I have built 2 the 1/48 Snow Speeder and this the 1/72 Y-wing...

I really really really enjoyed this build. With Sci Fi you cannot really go wrong and the kit is a joy to build..

Here are some images..





I painted a completely fictitious scheme using A Tamiya Lacquer aerosol as the base coat I think its insignia white ( which is actually a light grey)  weathering was extensive.. I watched the great series on Youtube on how to build and paint the deagostini MF kit....lots of great tips there...

Anyhow thanks for looking...

Comments